Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hot and Sour Comfort

The Move has been inducing in me every kind of nervous ailment you can imagine, and today, it added one more: a stress sinus infection of some kind. My first warning was a sore throat. Basically, it went like this:
5:00 P.M.: Hmm, I'm thirsty
5:30 P.M.: Odd, my throat hurts
6:00 P.M.: Crud, I'm sick

I've managed to stave off most of the repercussions with vitamin C and hot and sour soup, and if you asked me which of the two I thought was more potent, I'd be hard pressed to give you a definitive answer. I believe in hot and sour soup like some people believe in chicken soup, or aliens, or Justin Bieber. Assuming it's the proper spiciness, it opens up the sinuses and promotes healthy drainage all while providing delicious sustenance and nutrition. Truly, it is a magical food.

No comments:

Post a Comment