Sunday, April 3, 2011

Torn Cashmere

I began this blog because I wanted to talk about my life. A life that included demanding the best--demanding it in the most plaintive tones imaginable, mind--and getting...well, something that resembled torn cashmere.

But this is not a morose blog! This is a blog about darning your sweaters, making a pile of millet into a tasty supper, trying to make yourself into a better person (because I have to believe that's still possible), reading your way into another world, and changing everything around you.

I am thirty-one years old. I am unemployed and halfway to a purposeless (for me) PhD. I decided to begin this blog because I believe that writing is transformative, and because I want to record this part of my journey and share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment